Am I A Witch?
“I think that all women are witches, in the sense that a witch is a magical being…a witch, my god, we have to burn them. It’s the male chauvinistic society that we’re living in for the longest time, 3,000 years or whatever. And so I just wanted to point out the fact that men and women are magical beings. We are very blessed that way, so I’m just bringing that out. Don’t be scared of witches, because we are good witches, and you should appreciate our magical power.”
― Yoko Ono
My initial instinct is that, if you are sincerely asking this question, then the chances are that you are indeed a witch. This question is not unusual and one so many witches have tried to answer over the years with varying results.
13 Signs You Are A Witch
There are said to be some signs that show that you are a witch. Over the centuries these signs have shifted and changed. Witch hunters claimed that there were physical traits of witches like third nipples or birthmarks.
Today, palm readers suggest that certain signs on the hands point out witches such as X’s or crosses between the heart and head line or at the root of certain fingers.
Most signs that someone is a witch are internal and not seen but felt. The following are traits many witches have.
- Nature – You love or long for the wild places of the world. You find peace in a walk through the forest. Nature and trees and plants feel more at home to you than many places and people. Natural wonders like rolling thunderstorms with torrential rain make you feel almost giddy rather than frightened. The moon draws you in and you find yourself gazing at it, no matter if it is full or crescent.
- Animals – you have a natural understanding of animals. This is not just limited to pets but birds perched outside your home, deer in the woods, raccoons going through trash, etc. You might even like animals better than you like most people.
- Natural Healing – you are drawn to natural and alternative remedies to maintain your health and the health of others in your life. Herbalism, acupressure/acupuncture, yoga, Reiki, aromatherapy, etc are not unknown to you.
- Crystals & Oddities – you love to adorn yourself and decorate the spaces you dwell in with crystals, dream catchers, feathers, found animal bones, and more.
- Coincidences – you often have feelings of de ja vu. You might know who is on the phone before looking at the screen or answering. You have had a dream (or many dreams) that came true. You have gut feelings when something bad is going to happen. You have thought of old friends and they’ve contacted you shortly after even though it might have been years since you last spoke. You have a song pop into or get stuck in your head, then turn on the radio to find it playing.
- Past Life Memories – you have lingering memories of your past life. You have vivid dreams of yourself in a past life over and over again. You might even recognize people you know in this life even if they look different.
- Interest in Divination – you read your daily horoscope and can tell anyone your sun, moon, and rising sign. You’d like to or already read tarot cards or runes. You own or want to own a pendulum. Tea leaf reading or palm reading are on your list of things to learn.
- Empath – you are a highly sensitive person. You often know or feel what others are feeling. You have had times in your life that you aren’t sure if what you are feeling is coming from you or someone else. It is very difficult for you to be in crowded places or places with “bad energy.”
- The Sight – you see things that others can or say “aren’t there.” You have seen ghosts or been visited by dead loved ones. You see auras around people and can differentiate the colors. You have seen fairies and other spirits that other people say don’t exist.
- Reader – you are able to read people when you meet them. You can tell if someone is full of it or genuine by nature. It doesn’t take long for you to weed out people that aren’t good to be around even in a crowd. You have warned friends against dating someone that you have a bad feeling about.
- Adviser – people often come to you for help or advice. You’re the first person they ask to help you find something lost. You have a knack for saying the right thing or figuring out their problem even if you can’t always do this for yourself.
- Abnormal – you make people nervous. You find yourself as a loner at times because people can sense that you are different. You might be an outsider or have few friends, usually people that are different, like you. People can’t pinpoint what it is about you but they feel that you are strange, not that this is a bad thing.
- Belief – you believe in magick.
So, Witch, are You Ready to Be All That You are Magickally Meant to Be?
I’ve met so many witches in my life that hide, live small, fear how others will react to their truly powerful selves. I used to be like that too. I have since embraced the Witch within and through that tranformation, I have decided to share that story and the stories of other witches. In Coming Out of the Broom Closet I share the methods and magick to help you step into the light of the public as a strong and magnificent Witch.
Like the 13 Signs You’re a Witch?
Check out the 13 Goals of a Modern Witch